Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's your party and I'll cry if I want to!

So birthday's seem to be a traumatic experience for Fred. We are not sure if it has to do with cakes, candles, singing in unison, or people paying attention to someone besides himself. In August at my mom's birthday he burst into tears when we all started singing for her, when we stopped he seemed to get some control - so like any family we thought it would be fun to try again and sure enough the water works started flooding again. Then the last weekend of September we got together to celebrate Aunt Mary's, Daddy's , and Mommy's birthday, after all it is my 30th. The result of such celebration can be seen below.



I'm almost certain that's it's candles and the flame freaks him out as being a safety hazard, seeing as the other day when I had one burning in the kitchen he started signing "all done" and couldn't focus on anything else until we put it out. However, we know the perfect trifecta of candles, cake, and music seems to insure a meltdown. Can't wait for the holidays!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

bdays...oh the horror of it all!!!