Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Three Month Fred... and that's what its all about


I haven't updated as much as I would like too, but we have been busy with the outdoors! We've been taking adventures in the stroller, walking the neighborhoods, visiting grandparents, hanging out with Aunt Molly or our buddy Noah, meeting new friends etc. and thus when we come home the day is mostly filled with laundry, bath time, diapers, nap time, doing dishes, and cooking - doesn't leave much time for this electronic hobby. So while we've been out enjoying nice weather and introducing the world to Fred, he has turn 3 months! He is almost 14 weeks old - I can't believe it. He's growing so fast! I've recently discovered that he loves music... I use the term loosely as I don't know if that's what you could call me singing. His favorites include itsy bitsy spider, twinkle twinkle little star, someone in the kitchen with Diana, and any other I can remember the lyrics to. We've recently been rocking out our tummy time and play time to a CD called Baby Loves Jazz - that's right he's one cool cat. We do baby yoga in the morning, which he loves, and peek-a-boo is always popular on the changing table with his must have bib (a must have to avoid the massive amounts of drool this kid produces!). He loves to sit up and look around. I have him sit on the 'edge of the pool' as I call it, he sits on boppy with his feet dangling off so he can check out what's going on. Eating and sleeping are going well, right now I think we are in a schedule change of him giving up the 3rd nap but going to bed at 8pm. He is so long and I'm sure close to 14 or 15 lbs by this point, last doctor's appointment he was just under 13lbs. His neck is super strong as he can lift himself up and look around while on his belly, he can roll from his back onto his side, he can track anything moving, is starting to grasp his beloved butterfly toy, beginning to associate noise with things, has found that he has hands and feet - but only if he could control them, burps like a champ (its hilarious how loud he can make them), and is talking up a storm. The coolest part is his ability to recognize the two of us and smile when he sees us, it makes you want to stare at him all day long. He gave a giggle here or there back a week or two a go, but it mostly sounded like "huuuh" in a whiney tone, but today he and I had a laugh fest, although I'm not sure what about - well I know I was laughing at him, so maybe he was just laughing at looking at me. To celebrate this quarter birthday he thought he would pull out all the stops and give a dance... (mostly I just wanted to show off his cute new polka-dot sleeper).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fred is getting too cute! Thanks for keeping us updated Philie. I love hearing all the stories. It is amazing how big he is already...I think the same about Morgan all the time. And he is sleeping in through the night??? I am sooo jealous. :)