Monday, July 14, 2008

The Rehearsal...








If I keep trying to post everything for the wedding its not going to get done so let me just post in chunks...
Well the first thing was that the Wednesday before the wedding I went and got a spray on tan - as most of you know I'm an idiot when it comes to these girl things & somehow I always end up looking like a fool in wedding pictures - so I was determined to get it right this time. Well the tan turned out wonderful, but I had to race home to feed Fred his lunch. He was starving and after he gulped down his first side I pulled him off to discover the tanning solution had not quite completely dried and I tanned his nose and cheeks. He was still howling for more so I put him on the other side and by the time he was done he had a nice bronze glow on his face - all I could think was "your father is going to kill me!" We were able to wash it off for the most part that night in the tub, why is it I can't use beauty products like a normal person without complications? So Thursday we all at the church for a very through yet tightly and quickly run rehearsal followed by what I can only describe as an enchanting dinner and evening on my parents porch. I know that sounds corny but really - it was so magical and lovely. The weather was perfect, the yard was beautiful (with tents and the soft glow of candles and twinkle lights), the food and drink was amazing (yeah for having a full glass of wine for the first time!), Jeff and Mary have such nice friends so it was fun to mingle with everyone. I kept thinking I wish I had my wedding in the yard it was so fun! We put Fred down but then popped him in the car seat to get back home so we left I guess what would be considered early has these young single guys hung out around the fire pit until 2:00am! Friday everyone just got to relax and enjoy the holiday and catch up on sleep which was really nice. It was the most fun I've had at a rehearsal dinner, so laid back and enjoyable - it was just a wonderful evening filled with people who loved Jeff and Mary. Jeff I don't think even was annoyed with Molly and I as we toast/roasted him.

2 comments:

Erin Sinnokrak said...

Ohh, look at the Philips family all in white and blue! So cute! Really, what a great picture. I can't wait to hear about the wedding!

Anonymous said...

I love the family picture. It is amazing how grown-up everyone is.

And you totally look like a sun goddess Philie. ;) Way to go with the spray on tan. You can't blaim Fred for wanting in on the fun too.