Friday, November 7, 2008

How can Gluttony be a sin when it's this cute?



My son the Glutton. He is eating us out of house and home. We are talking about 12 - 16 oz of solids at a meal! Babies his age, I was told eat about two jars of food at a meal if that, which is around 8 oz. Fred easily can double that. For instance let me share what he ate for dinner last night:
4 oz. of Chicken Dinner (its a blend of sweet potatoes, chicken and apples I blend together)
1 1/2 oz. of lentils
1 oz. of carrots
3 oz. of peas
2 oz. of multigrain infant cereal
1 oz. of pears
1 oz. of peaches
probably about 2 oz of applesauce
a kiwi (around 2 oz)
Cheerios
juice from his sippy cup
and after all that he nursed before bed time! I don't even know if we have ever seen him full. He never turns his head that he doesn't want food, he'll keep eating Cheerios (I tried this game for over an hour till I finally gave up). And because I'm making almost all his food, I feel I live my life in the kitchen. I'm constantly making batches of sweet potatoes, or spinach, or fruit. There's all the cleaning, cutting, blending, and then clean-up - I swear by the time I finish one batch its time to feed him again. The ice cube trays are always in use freezing green beans or beats or whatever. I'm getting ready for him to just eat big people food because once I'm finished making him dinner, I'm making us dinner and it is crazy! I think we are packing on the pounds too. I'll be anxious to see where we are at when we go to the doctor's in a couple of weeks. He's still really long, but he now has the Philips cankles and his wrists are getting fat! He's certainly putting his two bottom teeth to work chomping on the Cheerios and chunks of fruit. I guess he's in need of all this food to power him, since he never seems to stop moving and is army crawling everywhere! He's speedy and tenacious to get to where he wants. Still it'll be a lot easier once we can go to all table food.

No comments: